Sunday, April 11, 2010

deux petits désirs


Real quick, thought I'd share two quick wishes that I have. They are unrelated as of now. Most things in my life, however, end up being related. Perhaps by the end of this post, I'll have connected them.

The first came to me this morning in church as a result of what we've recently learned in bible study--woman's role as helper/completers. So I guess I've just been more apt to observe older female folk. I want to be like this woman someday:

We were signing a song in church, one that you would probably link to a younger generation type song, but I noticed about six rows up and to the right an older couple. The woman sat on the end of the row, in the last chair. Her husband sat next to her in his wheelchair. As I watched the two of them, I saw the man raise his hands in worship. They were not outstreched farther than just above his head. The next thing that happened almost made me cry. The lady, without looking at her husband, reached up and supported his left arm. Knowing that he lacked the strength to raise both arms till the end of the song, she held his arm in the most tender, life-giving way.

The next wish I have has been with me for a while now, just don't know when I'll get around to making it happen in my life. I really want to learn how to quilt. My favorite fabric and pattern designer, Amy Butler at www.amybutlerdesigns.com, has several free patterns to download. I know this isn't the cheapest of hobbies to get into, but I just can't shake it. I currently have 5 patterns saved to my desktop. Here's two of them:
The Sexy Hexy Quilt: & The Belle Quilt:

So maybe, to tie the two together, I just want to be an old woman who desires to help her husband and be in a quilting club. How does that work?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Julia! thanks for following my blog! so sweet of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I would totally be in the quilting club with you! And we could talk about our old husbands together and grandkids...I like that plan lol

Katie said...

You should ask the older lady at your church if she quilts!