Tuesday, May 18, 2010

un aperçu de la vie nous étions destinés à vivre


a couple weeks ago I got to get really really messy having good, clean fun. GHS, where I am a Young Life leader, joined up with CHS for the end-of-the-year Ice Cream Olympics. It is literally one of my favorite nights of the entire year. I laid a blanket in the back seat of my car and put bottom-sheets on the two front seats in preparation for the night ahead. 7:30 p.m. we started with wheel-barrow races to fish swedish fish out of whipped cream ( I haaate whipped cream, but it was worth it), then an over/under block of ice cream race, then a 'make it dissappear' race,
then it was CHAOS.
but it was pure chaos.
not simply chaos. I mean pure in that there was no defilement.
this was a night of adventure. pure adventure.
we laughed because it was pure fun.
my friends experienced a glimpse of the life we were meant to live.

my sweet girls

GHS YL!

love these two!
and these three

afterwards at McDonalds

my wonderful team

so we started at 7:30 and I got back to my apt around 10:30, still covered in dried ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup to take a looong shower. I smelled interesting for days to say the least.

hope you can have a adventure soon!
love,

1 comment:

angela said...

That sounds so fun! I hate whipped cream, too.
I like your blog! :)